Members of the press and media are welcome to find out more about the activities and ethos of the VSCC by attending our events. The Club employs a Media & Marketing Manager, who looks after all aspects of press and media attendance at events and is able to supply information about the Club.
HOW TO APPLY FOR MEDIA ACCREDITATION
Anyone wishing to attend a Club event in a media capacity whether as a writer, photographer or film must complete and return the VSCC Media Accreditation Form along with the requested examples of work. If your application is approved you will be issued with a code that is your unique reference number allowing access to the online media accreditation system. You can then request passes for the events you wish to attend on an ad hoc basis, although please note that applications close ten days before the event. Once accredited, there is no need to re-apply and complete the form. Only one ticket is issued per application. Film teams should note that we require the name and contact details of all working members of your team for insurance purposes.
Pre-event information will be circulated approximately five to eight days before the event and will include a list of competitors. This document will be emailed apart from when a ticket is required to access the event; in this case, it will be printed and sent with the ticket. This document is also your confirmation that your accreditation application has been received and approved.
MEDIA ACCREDITATION GUIDELINES
To qualify for media accreditation you must fall into one of the following categories:
- Working print journalist for publicly seen newspaper, magazine, news service or newsletter
- Working broadcast journalist
- Working website journalist
- Working photographers
You do NOT qualify for media accreditation if you fall within one of the following categories:
- Public relations and internal communications practitioners
- Non-journalist staff of media outlets such as sales and advertising teams
- Representative of fan websites
- Representatives of marketing or advertising agencies
- Team personnel
- Hobby/amateur photographer
To apply for media accreditation to VSCC events please click here to download the accreditation form. You can return this by post along with;
- Original letter of accreditation from the editor or director of a recognised publication/agency/media organisation relating to the specific event. Without it, the application will NOT be considered.
- Two examples of published work either from the past twelve months preferably relating to vintage motor sport. Alternatively, scan, email and send links to examples of published work on websites. (i.e. link to an internet magazine, or photographers website).
- Proof of Public Liability Insurance Cover - it is a requirement at all VSCC events to have the necessary public liability insurance cover for motorsport photography in place (not less than £5m as standard). This is the responsibility of the individual and/or employer and evidence of this may be requested when signing-on.
The Club appreciates receiving copy of your published work from the event, in particular magazine and newspaper coverage, as well as photographs. This will help you to retain your media accreditation with the VSCC. If you think it is unlikely that the Club is on the mailing list for the publication you are contributing to please send a copy direct to firstname.lastname@example.org. The easiest way to send the photographs you are happy to share with the Club is via Dropbox. The photographs you send are stored in the Club’s digital archive and maybe used for VSCC promotional activities and wherever possible will always be accredited with our thanks. Watermarking any photographs with the photographer’s credit that is very much appreciated. The watermark should ideally be of a small typesetting (Gill Sans font) positioned to the bottom right hand corner of the photo.
If you have any queries please contact our Media & Marketing Manager email@example.com.