The New Year Driving Tests

29 Jan 2017

Brooklands Museum, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0QN

Event main image
The home of British Motorsport and Aviation once again provides the most idyllic backdrop for the VSCC and their New Year Driving Tests, preceded by the traditional Brooklands Film Night and Dinner on Saturday evening. Local Club Member and Director, Kevin Lee has devised tests to reward accuracy whilst providing a fun and interesting challenge for all of those taking part. This event is a great social occasion for Competitors, Spectators and Marshals alike, so why not come along and join us at this most historic of venues.

Brooklands Film Night, Saturday 28 January

Tickets, including 2-course dinner, are available from Ann Watson, Brooklands Museum, Brooklands Road, Weybridge, KT13 0QN (phone 01932 857381 Ext 243) at a cost of £25.00 per head (£15.00 for under 16s), SAE and notification of vegetarian or other special requirements requested.
 
PLEASE BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT and to avoid holiday postage delays.
 
Films to be shown will cover the usual broad spectrum of Brooklands and other subjects.  The Bar will be open from 6.00pm, with dinner at 7.00pm, followed by films, with close at approx 10.30pm, bar service available throughout.
 
The Motoring Village of the Museum will remain open from its normal closing time of 4.00pm until 6.00pm for those attending the Film Night.
                                           VSCC Members                     Non-Members
Adult                                         £10.00                                   £11.00
Senior/student                           £9.00                                     £10.00
Child (aged 5-16)                      £5.00                                     £6.00
Family                                       £27.00                                   £30.00 (2 adults and up to 3 children)
All under-5s, free

Members must show a valid membership card to be able to gain access at these reduced prices. Please contact the Museum for ticket sales (visit www.brooklandsmuseum.com).

Facilities info: Refreshments • Bar • Toilets • Parking • Museum

Spectator info: Open to Public • Favourite
Entry Fee: £58

Opening date for entries: No              Closing date for entries: Monday 16 January 2017

Minimum Competitor Age  – 16 years old, restricted to touring cars under 1400cc

Facilities info: Refreshments • Bar • Toilets • Parking • Museum

Competitor info: Edwardian • Vintage • Post-Vintage • Shared entries • Trailers • No MSA licence • Fire Extinguisher


Entries will be accepted on a First Come First Served Basis for the first 90% of entries received. The VSCC Selection Criteria for the remaining 10% will then be applied, which can been seen here:

http://www.vscc.co.uk/page/questions?groupID=6
Brooklands Museum is located between Weybridge and Byfleet, just a few minutes from Junction 10 of the M25 and the A3 London-Portsmouth trunk road.
Kingston Tourist Information,
Market House,
Kingston upon Thames,
KT1 1JS

Tel: 020 8547 5592
Please contact VSCC Competition Department, Andrew Tarring; andrew.tarring@vscc.co.uk 01608 644777 (Ext 4)